The WIP version is available in git.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.23 2016/11
- Fixed build issue from source code due missing libdeflate header.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.22 2016/11
- Enabled again the command line wildcard expansion in the Windows builds. The new MingW compiler was disabling it by default.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.21 2016/11
- Added libdeflate support. It's the new default because it provides better performance and compression than 7z. From https://github.com/ebiggers/libdeflate at commit 28cc14994b8b57f590d31a7340c8fffc5cc37d88
- Update to te latest zopfli library. From https://github.com/google/zopfli at commit 6818a0859063b946094fb6f94732836404a0d89a.
- Windows binaries built with MingW 4.9.3 using the MXE cross compiler at commit 62bcdbee56e87c81f1faa105b8777a5879d4e2e with targets i686-w64-mingw32 and x86_64-w64-mingw32.
- DOS binaries built with DJGPP 4.8.5 from https://github.com/andrewwutw/build-djgpp
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.20 2015/08
- Fixed .gz recompression of data bigger than 400 MB.
- Fixed .gz recompression with -0 and -1 options.
- Updated to the latest zopfli [Aaron Kaluszka].
- Preserve the EFS flag in .zip files [Jason Penney].
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.19 2014/03
- Limited the iterations number to 255 with the -3 option.
- Added a new -k, --keep-file-time option to advzip [Marco Banfi].
- Made the Windows binary again compatible with old 686 processors.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.18 2013/11
- Added build support for new powerpc architectures.
- Fixed build with BZIP.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.17 2013/03
- Changed to GPL3.
- Added zopfli support. It's enabled using -4, --shrink-insane. You can control the number of iterations with the new -i, --iter option. Thanks to Darik Horn for the patches.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.16 2013/03
- Allowed recompression with files with zero length.
- Some other minor bugfixes.
- Now in git repository.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.15 2005/10
- Fixed the date displayed with the -l advzip command.
- The advdef utility now detects the file type from the file header instead of using the extension.
- Fixed a lot of bugs in the 64 bits platforms.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.14 2005/02
- Relaxed a consistency check for the local header in zip files. The crc and size entries are allowed to contain the real value also if a data descriptor is present.
- Fixed the conversion of RGB images with less than 256 color with transparency data.
- Minor fixes at the documentation.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.13 2004/11
- Added support for .svgz files at advdef [rener].
- Fixed the 8 bit color reduction of 32 bit png files.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.12 2004/09
- Fixed a compilation problem with gcc 3.4.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.11 2004/07
- Fixed a FreeBSD libc compatibility issue recompressing .gz files [Radim Kolar].
- Fixed a segmentation fault when some invalid compressed .zip files are tested.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.10 2004/04
- Added support for alpha channel and the new -n option at advmng.
- Fixed the uncompressing error "Invalid compressed data in ..." with some GZIP files [Christian Lestrade].
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.9 2003/11
- Added support for .tgz files at advdef.
- Added the -a option at advmng to create .mng files from a sequence of .png files.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.8 2003/10
- Added support for .gz files at advdef.
- Fixed support for .png files with splitted IDATs.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.7 2003/08
- Fixed a Segmentation Fault bug on the advmng -r option on the latest gcc.
- Better and faster (MMX) move recognition in the advmng scroll compression.
- The frame reduction of the advmng utility is now done only if possible. The compression process never fails.
- Added a new -S (--scroll-square) option at advmng.
- Added a new -v (--verbose) option at advmng to show the compression status.
- Changed the internal ID for the bzip2 and LZMA compression. The bzip2 ID is now compatible with the PKWARE specification.
- Added support for RGB images with alpha channel at the advpng utility.
- Updated with automake 1.7.6.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.6 2003/05
- Added the `-x' option at the advmng utility to export .png files from a .mng clip. Useful to compress it in an MPEG file.
- Fixed the support for zips with additional data descriptors.
- Updated with autoconf 2.57 and automake 1.7.4.
- Some fixes for the gcc 3.3 compiler.
AdvanceCOMP Version 1.5 2003/01
- Splitted from AdvanceSCAN
- Added the `advdef' compression utility.
AdvanceSCAN Version 1.4 2002/12
- Fixed a bug in the advmng utility when it was called with more than one file in the command line. The program was incorrectly adding a PLTE chunk at rgb images.
AdvanceSCAN Version 1.3 2002/11
- Added the support for the transparency tRNS chunk at the advpng utility.
- Upgraded at the latest Advance Library.
- Fixes at the docs. [Filipe Estima]
- Minor changes at the autoconf/automake scripts.
AdvanceSCAN Version 1.2 2002/08
- Added the advpng utility to compress the PNG files.
- Added the advmng utility to compress the MNG files.
- Added a Windows version.
- Other minor fixes.
AdvanceSCAN Version 1.1 2002/06
- Fixed an infinite loop bug testing some small damaged zips.
- Removed some warning compiling with gcc 3.1.
AdvanceSCAN Version 1.0 2002/05
- First public release.
- Fixed the compression percentage computation on big files.
- Added the --pedantic option at the advzip utility. These tests are only done if requested.
AdvanceSCAN Version 0.6-beta 2002/05
- Added the AdvanceZIP utility.